Heartland Construction Division
LLEAP Awards Information & Nomination Form
2018 LLEAP Awards Information & Nomination Form
Entry Deadline: June 15, 2018
The 2018 Leadership in Lifting Equipment & Aerial Platforms (LLEAP) Awards will recognize products and services that were introduced to the North American market between June 1, 2017, and May 31, 2018, and that are currently available for purchase in North America.
Eligible Products & Services:
• Brand new models or services
• Products or services that existed in other markets but are new to North America
• Existing products or services that have been redesigned or modified extensively and re-introduced
LLEAP Product Categories:
• Aerial Lifts: Self-propelled boom lifts; manually or self-propelled scissor, mast, or other vertical lifts; specialty lifts, and trailer- or truck-mounted aerial lifts.
• Material Handlers: Rough-terrain vertical-mast forklifts and telescopic-boom handlers
• Cranes (new this year – any capacity): Rough-terrain, all-terrain, crawler-mounted, and truck-mounted telescopic-boom cranes; lattice-boom crawler and truck cranes; boom trucks; mobile industrial cranes; and self-erecting cranes.
• OEM-Developed Features/Essential Components for OEMs: Features developed by an OEM for a new or existing aerial work platform, material handler, or crane, or components and supplier-developed components or systems that are integral to an OEM’s design.
• Aftermarket Support Products or Services: Products and services developed and sold specifically for equipment users.
(Each nomination must indicate the appropriate product category.)
· Innovative features and technology
· Perceived value
· Productivity for owners and users
· Overall benefit to the industry, owners, and users
The judging panel includes editorial staff and judges who are industry experts involved in the operation, rental, sale, or servicing of aerial platforms and lifting equipment.
In each of the five product categories (Aerial Lifts, Material Handlers, Cranes, OEM Features, and Aftermarket Support), the top-scoring entry will receive a Gold Award, and the second-highest-scoring entry will receive a Silver Award.
The Gold and Silver Award winners will be recognized with a description and photo in the November-December 2018 issue of Lift and Access magazine and will also receive a glass trophy.
In addition, all LLEAP finalist products will be listed in the November-December issue of Lift and Access.
How to Enter:
· Gather your entry materials (see list in next section)
· Make your entries using the online form below (up to three entries per form).
· Select your method of payment (credit card, check, or invoice). The first product or service entered costs $475. Each addition entry is $275.
Be sure to submit your entries and payment by June 15, 2018.
Materials Needed for Each Entry
Please be sure to have all materials ready before entering a submission online. You will not be able to edit the entry once submitted. Up to three products can be nominated on one form.
· A high-resolution (300 dpi) photo or diagram of the product
· A high-resolution (300 dpi) photo or a scalable art file of your company logo
· A description of the product, its features, and its capabilities, highlighting how it is different from other products on the market (maximum length, 600 words). Include the model name; the product's list price when it was introduced; any important specifications, such as capacity, maximum platform or hook height; and key features. Be sure to address the judging criteria listed above (innovative features and technology, perceived value, productivity for owners and users, overall benefit to the industry, owners, and users).
· Optional but recommended: product literature, videos, and other visual aids that will help judges understand your product.
If you have questions about entry content, contact:
Karen Scally, Editor of Lift and Access at firstname.lastname@example.org
For help with the online entry system, contact:
Franci Motz, Associate Publisher at email@example.com or
Submit a Nomination
Do Not Fill This Out